Thursday, January 20, 2011

jack and rita


 I did these back in December. I never know how these portraits are going to look until the end. It's just hard to see how all those tiny pieces of paper can come together to be anything. But, so far, i've been happy with the results.


An unfortunate thing happened on sunday. My dear Russell was sitting on my lap. I had a sketchbook balanced on the arm of the couch, and my computer was on the couch next to me. Well, the sketchbook slipped into my lap next to Russ. He FLIPPED out and went charging across the edge of my computer into the next room, tearing the Return key and the Shift key off my keyboard in his escape. I sat there stunned for a good five minutes, trying to process what just happened. I've never had to put keys back on my computer before. After some research and many unsuccessful attempts, i managed to get the return key back on. When i tried the shift key, i realized that the plastic part under the key had been broken and would not snap back on. So, now i have no shift key on the right side of my computer. It's very strange typing without one. Sigh.  

No comments: