Tuesday, May 5, 2009

halloween night

Here are some pictures of my entry for the Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine reader challenge. It took forever! I never really cut paper like this before, so not bad for my first effort. I painted two pieces of canvas board black and covered them in my monster-y cut outs. Then i covered them in this funky polka dotted mesh. The inside is an 8x20 inch piece of black paper. 
Here's the front cover. The skeleton and "halloween night" are glued on top of the mesh so they stand out. 

Here's the inside. 
The back cover. If any of you have seen the Faerie Tale Theatre of Aladdin directed by Tim Burton, you can probably see how i was inspired by the lamp chamber wall. 
Close up of the back cover. That guy hanging down from the top is a sasquatch. Had to put a sasquatch in there. 
Inside detail. 

The next challenge is for the November/December issue. A holiday "stuffie" challenge! I'm excited about this one. Santa Sasquatch perhaps? 








No comments: