Sunday, March 22, 2009

new prints!


I just put up some new prints in my etsy shop! So take a look! I'm thinking of making some birthday themed cards - animals with party hats, presents, etc. I can't really decide what animals to pick. Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe some sort of bear, a hippo, a big cat...some kind of monkey? I'm trying to narrow it down to two animals. I thought my otter and squirrel illustrations would make good cards too. Cupcakes and balloons = party. 

Also, i just discovered this site. Burdastyle.com. Everyone probably already knows about it. They have all kinds of patterns and ideas to sew cool stuff. I was excited to find it because i always want to sew actual useful things, but sometimes i just don't know how to do it. 

I've got a lot of tshirts that i don't wear very often, but i don't want to throw them out. I'm going to try to make a tote bag or two - maybe quilt the designs together. I haven't started yet because i'm afraid i'll just end up ruining my shirts. I must be brave! Also, i should really figure out how to use that darn sewing machine i have. The thought of handsewing a tote bag together is daunting. 

No comments: